Prepare for Construction

Do I need a building permit?

Most townships in our coverage area require permits to build. Almost every township requires a zoning permit at minimum. In some cases you may need to get a zoning permit plus a building permit. Check with your local township officials about this. Construction drawings for your building will be provided for FREE! If your township requires a P.E. Seal on the drawings we can provide that service for a fee of $500.00.

See the Permit Process Guide

If you do not know who to contact at your township, please call us! We will do our best to point you in the right direction. It is a good idea to inform your township who you plan on using for your new pole building. Chances are we may have worked in your area before.

Contact Us

Who will prepare the building site?

While Timberline does not provide actual site excavation services, we will be happy to connect you with professional excavators with whom we have worked before. Please contact us for contractor information.

Read the Timberline Site Preparation Guide to learn information about

  • How to choose your building site
  • Choosing an excavator
  • What type of fill to avoid
  • What is the ideal building site setup
  • Site preparation checklist download

See the Site Prep Guide

How long will construction take?

Once the site is prepared, all permits are gotten, and a Timberline crew is available, most buildings can be constructed within one week. Timberline is able to build pole barns all year long.

Do you want to see the steps of the building process?

The Building Process